Eligibility of applicants
Please note that the SMC Foundation of WA is not accepting anymore applications for funding at this time. We will advise when applications are open again via this site so please check back regularly.
The Scottish Masonic Charitable Foundation of WA will consider applications from all organisations, however priority will be given to organisations:
- Whose activities/project focuses on key priority areas identified by the Foundation.
- Who are incorporated not-for-profits or registered charities in Western Australia.
Support will generally not be given to:
- Individuals (except in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Board).
- Activities that are:
- primarily the responsibility of Federal, State or Local Government.
- part of a school's core activities and do not involve the broader community.
- National or Overseas beneficiaries (unless in support of disaster relief).
- Capital works on land not owned by the applicant.
In this situation all items are required to be re-locatable so they may be moved with the organisation if the need arises.
- Funding of an operating deficit.
- Programs/projects offered for the exclusive benefit of a religious or political group.
- As a general contribution to the corpus of another grant making organisation.
- Charities, organisations who:
- have failed to fulfil previous grant requirements of the Foundation.
- are deemed to hold funds in excess of their requirements.